Monday, June 3, 2013

Fancy Nancy by Mo Willems ... ?

This is my mix-n-match post, inspired by an awkward mix-up in wording on a summer reading shelf talker, in which I throw a bunch of titles and authors into a hat and explore what some well-known titles might look like if penned by a different author.




... or maybe Fancy-Pants Nancy and Her Handy Parisian Phrasebook would be a more Willems-esque title ...




... one morning, a five-year-old catches her parents kissing and begins to wonder if her hatred of Meaning Boy Jim might actually be something else ...





 ... I don't have anything clever to say about this, to be honest. It's basically the most disturbing combination I could come up with ...



... actually, I see this one more as a mash-up of Frances the Badger and Olivia the Pig. Either they'd kill each other or they'd be best friends and rule the world through combined force of will. Either way, I'd love to see it! ... 





... see Katniss run. Run, Katniss, run! Also, see Eric Hill break down a complex plot line into its most basic elements: life + isn't + fair.

No comments: