Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Firsts

Oh man you guys my stomach is in KNOTS. Why, you ask? Because tonight is our big staff reading! And I'm going to get in front of a big crowd (scary!) or nobody at all (scarier!) and read my tenderly wrought and private stories for all of YOU. Oh man I'm so nervous/excited. Why isn't there a word for that? Anxious? But in an elated sense? Bah. Did I mention I'm a writer? I'm real good with words.

On a related note, in the UBC this week we acquired an anthology of the first short stories published by  famous authors. Flannery O'Connor, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Vonnegut, Hemingway, Margaret Atwood, Dorothy Parker, Lessing, Isaac Bashevis Singer. The list goes on. See the breakthrough stories that made them famous! Just $8.

Akin to these first forays into the literary world, stop by and support your local independent and the crazy staff that keeps this dream running. Celebrate our fearless leader Kate Robinson's first published work, a book of poems entitled Darling Angel Meat. See our first published and unpublished books by the rest of us before we get famous (or die in obscurity. Either way it will be historic). Hear us read poetry, short stories, excerpts from novels! Eat snacks! Have a good time! The action starts at 7 PM. TONIGHT!

No comments: