Monday, June 4, 2007

Long Live Meg Powers!


I left New York for home about 4:00 yesterday, and I'm still in a daze from last weekend. Really, I'm having trouble walking straight, and I think it's a combination of sore feet and tired brain. I think tomorrow will be a better day for a full recap. But, I had to mention one thing I found at the last minute--


Late yesterday I wandered by the booth for Feiwel and Friends, a new children's book publisher, when out of the corner of my eye I saw propped up a new book by Ellen Emerson White. OH MY GOD! Her books about Meg Powers, daughter of the first female President of the United States (The President's Daughter, White House Autumn, and Long Live the Queen) were my all-time favorites. I read and re-read those to death. And now there's another book in the series! It's been years since I've read the previous, so I'll have to read them again before I get to Long May She Reign. Unfortunately, they're currently out-of-print, but I've been promised by the Feiwel and Friends folks that will be remedied. Yippee! I can't wait to start recommending those again! Now maybe someone will reprint The Rascals from Haskell's Gym by Frank Bonham, another favorite from the same time period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I was apparently in your bookstore recently, while up in Boston to see the damn Yankees.
(happened across your site while trying to figure out if my new site is up on Google yet--which it apparently isn't.)

Nice bookstore, by the way. I used to live on Commonwealth near Harvard, and spent a lot of time in that neighborhood.

Ellen Emerson White