Friday, April 27, 2007

A Blank Slate

Everyone here at the store wants to know what this will be about and offer suggestions and warnings and questioning looks. Right now this is definitely a work-in-progress. I’ll be making it up as I go along, and I hope you’ll come along with me. Suggestions are always welcome, and questions, and ideas. But please don’t be mean. It might take me a bit to get the hang of this.

A (very) little about me: I’ve come here after three years of bookselling at a great independent bookstore across the Charles. I’m a buyer here, which means I order the books you see on the shelves. I get to decide what we should stock and what just doesn’t make the cut (with lots of help from our senior buyer). I love it.

I have to admit that blogs (even though they're now omnipresent, and I think people are sick of them already) still makes me a little uncomfortable. So why am I bothering? Because now that I’m a buyer I spend a lot of time in an office and I don’t get to talk with customers as much as I did before. So this is a new way for me to just talk. I love books, I love talking about books, and I love to show off all the great stuff we have.

I want to let you behind the scenes a bit, I want to let you know what we’re excited about, I want to make sure you don’t miss anything great. There are lots of great book blogs out there, and I thank you for reading mine. I’ll definitely try to make it worth your while.

Yours,
Lori

No comments: